Here are the steps required to generate an in-process ATL server:
- We start with Visual C++ and no project or files opened. Open the File menu.
- From the File menu, select New.
- The Projects tab of the New dialog box and the ATL COM AppWizard are selected. The next step is to name the project. Type
PhBook as the project name. Then click OK.
- The ATL COM AppWizard dialog will come up. Make sure that Dynamic Link Library (DLL) is checked under server type. No other entries should be checked. Click Finish.
- The New Project Information dialog will come up. This lists the project, COM server name, DLL initialization code, IDL source, and ProxyStub makefile. Click OK.
- You have now generated a skeleton ATL-based in-process server. The Class View tab of the Workspace window is selected. Notice that the ATL COM AppWizard has generated all the required in-process server functions,
a DLL-entry point function (
DllMain), and a
global instance of
CComModule in variable
_Module. This is the end of the simulation.