Introduction to CORBA Fundamentals
Sun, 13 Oct 2019 20:20:58 +0000
The (CORBA) Common Object Request Broker Architecture represents a relatively complex topic that requires effort to understand in its entirety.
This is because creating software that will run across a network is complicated, but also because CORBA strives to provide standards. Consequently, CORBA represents a relatively large body of information, with varying levels of breadth.
In this course, we will focus on the core pieces of CORBA and focus on gaining an understanding of
- how CORBA works,
- what the basic CORBA architecture represents, and
- what the CORBA specification covers.
In addition, we will explore the structure of CORBA clients and CORBA servers in detail.
In this course, the following topics will be discussd.
- CORBA clients and CORBA servers
- The Object Management Group
- The CORBA specification
- CORBA's Object Management Architecture
- The CORBAservices and the CORBAfacilities
- Internet Inter-ORB Protocol
- CORBA Interface Definition Language
- Where the CORBA vendors stand on interoperability, CORBAservices, and overall compliance with the CORBA specification
Take a few moments to go over the introductory material presented in this module before jumping into the course. Remember, if you have any questions along the way, you can post a question to the forum.