| Lesson 2 || System Object Course Requirements |
| Objective || What are the requirements to take this course? |
System Object Course Requirements
You should have access to a drawing tool capable of making a GIF file.
For example, you might choose a tool such as Corel Draw, Visio, or a freeware product.
If you use an (OO) object-oriented modeling computer-assisted software engineering (CASE) tool, you will still have to be able to save your diagram as a GIF to submit it to the tutors.
If you do not have a CASE tool, you might consider purchasing a modeling tool from the software store. The course will not provide support for any drawing tool or CASE tools, and instructions will not be provided on how to use any of these tools.
Optional books for the course include:
- Developing Object-Oriented Software: An Experience-Based Approach
- Object Solutions: Managing the Object-Oriented Project
- Software Project Management: A Unified Framework
- Unified Software Development Process
- The Unified Modeling Language User Guide
- The Unified Modeling Language Reference Manual
- UML Distilled
Every course in this series comes with a set of downloadable files that will help you complete exercises and enhance your learning experience. On the Resources page,
you can download compressed files that contain the following:
- All the exercise resources related to the course in a Zip file
- PDF files that include references to review UML Fundamentals content
The exercise resources are saved in a zipped file module by module. We recommend you unzip the file and create a folder to keep these files for handy reference.
You can use Adobe Acrobat Reader software to view and print a PDF file.
If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you will find complete instructions for downloading and installing it on the Setup page.