The phases of the development process are designed to support the evolution of the models from problem definition through to solution definition. The same tools are used throughout the process.
However, the level of detail and the kinds of objects added at each successive phase are different. The key to successful management and application of the process is in understanding the relationships between the phases
and the work products that they affect. In this module you learned:
- How the two design phases fit into the project life cycle
- How to transition from analysis to design
- How the work products of analysis provide the basis for design
- The two steps of design: architectural design and object design
- How architectural design impacts object design