This module discussed the purpose and scope, elements of, and notation used with the use case model.
- The purpose and scope of the use case model: to model the user expectations for the system
- The elements of a use case model: the use case diagram and use case narratives
- The notation of the use case diagram: the system, actors, use cases, and associations
- How to construct a use case diagram from a problem statement
- How to document a use case using a narrative of the dialog between an actor and a use case
- How to refine the use case diagram using UML extensions called stereotypes
- How to use the Includes stereotype (<<includes>>)
- How to use the Extends stereotype and generalization (<<extends>>).